The Association of Population Centers (APC), founded in 1991, is an independent group of universities and research groups whose mission is to:
- foster collaborative demographic research and data sharing
- translate basic population research for public policy decision-makers
- provide educational and training opportunities in population studies
The APC is open to any organization with a primary interest in population research and training.
- President: Dr. Steven Ruggles, University of Minnesota.
- Vice President:Dr. Jennifer Van Hook, Pennsylvania State University.
- Secretary: Dr. Sara Curran, University of Washington
- Treasurer: Dr. Andrew Foster, Brown University
- Director of Government and Public Affairs: Mary Jo Hoeksema.
- Deputy Director of Government and Public Affairs: Suzanne Stokes Vieth.
For more detail on individual APC members, please visit the following links: