The Association of Population Centers (APC), founded in 1991, is an independent group of universities and research groups whose mission is to:
- foster collaborative demographic research and data sharing
- translate basic population research for public policy decision-makers
- provide educational and training opportunities in population studies
The APC is open to any organization with a primary interest in population research and training.
- President: Dr. Lisa Berkman, Harvard University
- Vice President: Dr. Pamela Smock, University of Michigan.
- Secretary: Dr. Eric Reither, Utah State University.
- Treasurer: Dr. Jennifer Van Hook, Pennsylvania State University.
- Director of Government and Public Affairs: Mary Jo Hoeksema.
- Deputy Director of Government and Public Affairs: Suzanne Stokes Vieth.
For more detail on individual APC members, please visit the following links: