The Association of Population Centers (APC), founded in 1991, is an independent group of universities and research groups whose mission is to:
- foster collaborative demographic research and data sharing
- translate basic population research for public policy decision-makers
- provide educational and training opportunities in population studies
The APC is open to any organization with a primary interest in population research and training.
- President: Dr. Lisa Berkman, Harvard University
- Vice President: Dr. Pamela Smock, University of Michigan.
- Secretary: Dr. Eric Reither, Utah State University.
- Treasurer: Dr. Jennifer Van Hook, Pennsylvania State University.
- Director of Government and Public Affairs: Mary Jo Hoeksema.
- Deputy Director of Government and Public Affairs: Juliane Baron.
For more detail on individual APC members, please visit the following links:
- APC Constitution, as adopted October 1992, Updated December 2006, November 2008.
(PDF file, 263 Kb)
- How Are Children Faring? What the New Supplemental Poverty Measure Tells Us. April 19,
presentations and the webinar
- PAA Excellence in Public Service Award presented to Representative David Price (NC) On March 27, 2012, Past PAA Presidents Dr. Rob Mare (far left) and Dr. David Lam (second from left) along with President-elect Dr. Christine Ba chrach delivered the PAA Excellence in Public Service Award to Congressman David Price (D-NC) (holding award). Congressman Price was chosen for his commitment to population research and the federal agencies that support it.