Dear APC Members,
We wanted to alert you to this funding opportunity. While most of our members do not fit the criteria for the applicants identified in this call for proposals, you may already be partnering with community organizations that would be good candidates. Research organizations can be partners on the grant, but the grant needs to be led by a community organization.
The NIH Common Fund is soliciting applications from community organizations in support of the goals of the Community Partnerships to Advance Science for Society (ComPASS) Program’s [commonfund.nih.gov] Community-Led, Health Equity Structural Intervention Initiative. The new research opportunity [commonfund.nih.gov] OTA-22-007 will support the development, implementation, assessment, and dissemination of community-led, health equity structural interventions [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov], co-created in partnership with research organizations, that intervene upon structural factors that produce and perpetuate health disparities.Please note this is not a Transformative Health Disparities Research Initiative opportunity.
Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent by November 18, 2022, 11:59 PM ET. Applicants will be selected from the LOIs to submit full applications, which will be due by January 23, 2023. For more details, read the full Research Opportunity Announcement (ROA) at: https://commonfund.nih.gov/sites/default/files/OTA-22-007.pdf [commonfund.nih.gov].
- Applicants must be community organizations (non-profits with and without 501(C)(3) IRS Status) defined as a non-Federal, non-academic or non-research organization that provides goods, services, support, resources, or advocacy to members of a defined community. (See “Eligibility” section in the ROA)
- Additionally, applicants must propose at least one potential research organization/research investigator, who has agreed to support and participate in the community organization’s full application. The research organization(s)/research investigator(s) can be academic or non-academic institutions.
- A letter of intent (LOI) is required and due by November 18, 2022, 11:59 PM ET
- NIH staff will hold technical assistance webinars for the required letter of intent (LOI) on October 4th and October 11th at 2pm-3pm ET. Registration is required.
- To help prepare a LOI for this ROA, applicants are encouraged to watch a pre-recorded technical assistance presentation [gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com]and view slides [commonfund.nih.gov]. Additionally, answers to Frequently Asked Questions about OTA-22-007 are available on the ComPASS website [commonfund.nih.gov].
- LOIs will be used to select those invited to submit full applications, which will be submitted through the Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking (ASSIST) [public.era.nih.gov] system by January 23, 2023.
Additional background about ComPASS
The overall goals for ComPASS are to 1) develop, share, and evaluate community-led health equity structural interventions that leverage partnerships across multiple sectors to reduce health disparities and 2) to develop a new health equity research model for community-led, multisectoral structural intervention research across NIH and other federal agencies. The program will enable communities and researchers to work collaboratively as equal partners in all phases of the research process to enhance the quality of interventions and advance health disparities research.
Please feel free to share this announcement with your networks.