Members are invited to attend this virtual congressional briefing on Friday, March 18 at 12:00pm ET. Register here.
Within a generation, Rural America has undergone profound demographic, economic, social and environmental change. While issues such as the drug overdose epidemic, COVID-19 and natural disasters have grabbed headlines, other important trends—from economic mobility to long-term health outcomes— are often overlooked. We’ve assembled a panel of some of the leading experts on Rural America whose policy-relevant research examines the demographic, economic, health and environmental challenges and opportunities facing rural communities from New England to the Bayou to the Great Plains and beyond. We hope you’ll join us for this timely and relevant discussion.
- Dr. Kenneth Johnson, University of New Hampshire
- Dr. Shannon Monnat, Syracuse University
- Dr. Mildred Warner, Cornell University
- Dr. Leif Jensen, Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. John Green, Mississippi State University
- Dr. Timothy Slack, Louisiana State University
- Dr. Jessica Ulrich-Schad, Utah State University
Dr. Marta Tienda, Princeton University