The Population Association of America is delighted to announce a new opportunity for PAA members: Participation in the prestigious Science and Technology Fellowship Program of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
This is the first year for PAA to host a fellow. In the past, AAAS Fellows have ranged in age from late 20s to early 70s. They represent a spectrum of career stages, from recent PhD graduates to faculty on sabbatical to retired scientists and engineers. Fellows also come from a range of sectors, including academia, industry, non-profit organizations, and government labs.
To be considered for a fellowship via AAAS, successful applicants must:
- Hold a doctoral level degree.
- Note: All requirements for the degree must be completed by June 15, 2011.
- Have solid scientific and professional credentials and the endorsement of three references.
- Show a commitment to serve society.
- Exhibit good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to engage with non-scientific audiences.
- Demonstrate integrity, problem-solving ability, good judgment, flexibility, and leadership qualities.
- Hold U.S. citizenship (dual citizenship from the United States and another country is acceptable).
- Federal employees are not eligible for the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships.
- Be a current PAA member.
Applying to the Fellowship
The PAA Executive Branch Policy Fellowship application has four steps:
- Candidate Data
- Candidate Information
- Candidate References
- Candidate Agreement
The application is an interactive PDF. Please complete all four steps and e-mail by December 15, 2012 to:
Juliane Baron at email@example.com.